Fitness Keeper offers youth fitness, for kids aged 7-17 years, who need need extra motivation, a little bit of help to improve their motor skills, a confidence boost, or an alternative to organised sports. The sessions can also be for the athlete or active child who needs some extra training or sport specific conditioning. Our trainers will work with the child or teen to understand what it is that they need and help them to enjoy physical activity in a safe and encouraging environment. We approach the sessions differently to how we train adults, and try and set-up kids to enjoy being active for life!
It is recommended that children participate in at least 60 minutes of physical activity every day.
Alarmingly, children are spending more and more time being sedentary and we are now finding it difficult to keep children active. It has been found that 20-25% of children are not physically active.
In 2007–08, one-quarter of all Australian children, or around 600,000 children aged 5–17 years, were overweight or obese, up 21% from 1995 (ABN).
Why are children being so inactive?
- Technological advances
- Safety issues during outdoor/active play
- Transport arrangements
- High costs of organised physical activity
- Time constraints either on the parent or child
- The child dislikes traditional sports
Unfortunately being inactive as a child has health risks involved
- Decrease in bone mineral density
- Decrease in metabolism
- Lower energy levels
- Lower levels of motivation
- Increase in body weight
- Can impede hand-eye coordination
- Impacts on social life/skills
- Can lead to health issues arising from long-term sedentary behaviour
While the aim of personal training for adults is focused more on improving fitness, losing weight, or achieving particular goals, training for kids has an entirely different objective.
Some objectives of kids training sessions
- First and foremost the aim is to ensure that the child has fun
- Promoting an active lifestyle
- Increasing children’s self-esteem and self-confidence
- Helping the child find activities they enjoy
- Increasing fitness and improve posture
- Creating a desire to learn new activities
- Meeting the child’s (and parent’s) needs
Fitness Keeper’s Kids & Youth Fitness Programs
- Ages 7-17
- Fun sessions
- Can incorporate sport specific conditioning
- General fitness
- Active play
- Based on the individual
Children who participate in physical fitness activities or sports are more likely to engage in exercise or physical activity on a regular basis later in life.
Contact us to get your child involved and we can determine the best way for them to enjoy exercise and help keep them active!
0419 391 302