Can’t get to the gym – or don’t have a gym membership? Away on holidays? Think it’s too hot, too cold, stormy, wet, or you just can’t get outside?
That doesn’t mean you can’t get a good workout by staying indoors.
No equipment? No problem.
Get started with 30 seconds of the following exercises to get the heart rate up and the body prepared for some exercise.
- jumping jacks/star jumps
- mountain climbers
- bear walk forward 4 steps – bear walk backwards 4 steps
- fast feet (running on the spot)
- jump side to side
- crab walk forwards 4 steps – backwards 4 steps
- jump forwards and backwards
- repeat each exercise again for 30 sec
Now that you’re warmed up, try the following exercises. Complete each exercise for 30-60 seconds. Once you have finished the entire list, repeat the work-out again another 1-2 times.
- close-grip (diamond/triangle) push-ups
- squats or squat jumps
- inchworm to push-up
- unilateral supine hip bridge
- plank hold
- chair dips
- alternating lunges
- reverse abdominal curl
- pick two exercises from warm-up (30 sec per exercise) – alternatively if you have stairs run up and down them for the same time. If you have a long hallway (10m or more) back and forth for time.
Stretch to finish.
Not sure what the exercises are? See the Exercise Pictures for examples.