Fitness Keeper commenced virtual workouts via ZOOM in March 2020.
WHAT IS VIRTUAL TRAINING?
Virtual training is training with your trainer via the internet. It is live streamed (not pre-recorded) and we deliver the sessions using Zoom. Video streaming occurs both-ways, so we can continue to assess and correct technique. All you need is a device that has a camera and sound (e.g. computer, laptop, tablet, smart phone).
You do not need to create an account with ZOOM in order to join the class or session, but you will need to download the ZOOM app onto your device (unless using a computer).
We will still have limits on the classes to ensure that we can still offer support to everyone, just like within our regular sessions.
NO EQUIPMENT? NO PROBLEM.
We understand that many people will not have fitness equipment. For classes, we will cater to those both with equipment and without it. For personal training, your trainer will consult with you and plan your sessions based on what you may have at home.
While we can cater to only body weight, those with equipment (or who may be thinking of purchasing some) we suggest using some basic equipment such as:
- -1-2 sets of dumbbells (moderate to heavy)
- -Resistance bands (moderate)
- -A gym/yoga mat (or towel if you do not have carpeted floors)
- -Skipping rope or rope
DON’T HAVE EQUIPMENT? HERE ARE SOME THINGS YOU WILL LIKELY HAVE AT HOME THAT CAN BE USED INSTEAD OF OR AS WELL AS THE ABOVE:
- -Soup cans, water bottles, or laundry detergent jugs (to replace dumbbells, kettlebells)
- -A chair
- -Stairs or a step
- -Bench/table top
- -Hand towel or face washers (as a slider or to use as a rope/band for some exercises)
- -Backpack with added items to add weight (can be used as a weight vest)
- -Cushion (can be used as a balance training tool, like a bosu or dura disc)
- -Basketball (e.g. for push-ups, planks to advance exercises)
HOW TO BOOK AND JOIN VIRTUAL SESSIONS
Booking and cancellation policies still apply.
TO JOIN OUR VIRTUAL CLASSES OR PERSONAL TRAINING, ON TOP OF CONTINUING TO USE OUR MINDBODY SYSTEM (FOR BOOKINGS/PAYMENTS) YOU WILL NEED TO FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH “ZOOM”.
- -Login to ZOOM 5 minutes prior to the session/class to ensure that your device is working
- -If in a class, you will need to have your device on mute so that only the trainer can be heard (so you can huff and puff as much as you need and nobody will know!) – you can un-mute to ask a question
- -If personal training training 1on1/2ON1 you can keep your sound on to communicate with your trainer
- -Double tap the trainer screen to enlarge your view of them (instead of your own video screen)
- – https://zoom.us/resources for help setting up
- -Each class/session will have its own link which will be communicated to you
We will send you the link you need for the session with your trainer.