Introducing Paul Hanna (Personal Trainer).
Paul is the “newest” personal trainer at Fitness Keeper – but personal training is not new to him, having been in the industry for nine years. You can read his profile, achievements, qualifications and experience below.
Since starting gymnastics at the age of 7, Paul has had a passion for the fitness industry and has been involved in various sports his entire life. Health and fitness have always been a major part of his life whether it’s playing sport (basketball, cricket, football, athletics and gymnastics) or going to the gym – he has always lived an active lifestyle.
Paul has been a Personal Trainer for nearly 9 years and has had a great time training a wide variety of people aged from 10 to 70 years old. He receives such great satisfaction when clients not only reach their goals but are committed to staying fit and healthy and give 100% each session.
Paul is currently studying his Diploma of Education at Monash University so that he can teach Physical Education and Health at secondary schools. His main goal in being a Personal Trainer and Physical Education teacher is to educate people on the importance of healthy living and being active for life. He understands each individual is different and needs a unique approach to exercise. His sessions have the aim of being enjoyable but effective – and of course never the same. Paul will work hard to help you reach your goals no matter how big or small they are.
- Currently studying Diploma of Education (Physical Education and Health)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Physical Education)
- Certificate III and IV in Fitness
- Registered with Physical Activity Australia as a Personal Trainer
- Level 1 Cricket Coach
- CPR Update (Annually)
- First Aid (Update every 3 years)
- Personal Trainer and Gym Instructor at Gelbarts Gym and Genesis Fitness Centre
- Children’s Personal Trainer at Jungle Gym
- Work Experience as a Physical Education and Health Teacher at Fitzroy High Schoo
- Work Experience as an Athletics Coach (focus on sprinting and long jump) at St. Alban’s Primary School
- Sprinting and Long Jump Coach at Box Hill Athletics Club
- Gymnastics Coach at Brentwood Gymnastics Club (U/17 Boys)
Notable Achievements (professional and personal)
- While coaching at Box Hill he assisted a student to qualify for the Victorian Institute of Sport (VIS) in long jump
- Each U/16 student Paul trained improved their sprint times by over 1 second in 6 months while coaching Athletics
- Trained and assisted his clients in a challenge where over 12 weeks, a combined total of 121kg was lost by participants under his watch
- Coached three gymnasts to achieve level 7 in competition
- 2nd overall in Rings at the Victorian Championships & Club Championship, as well as Champion in 2006
- 2005 League High Scorer in Basketball (plus Team League MVP in 2002 and 2003)
- Victorian Institute of Sport (VIS) Representative in 100m sprint and long jump. Was 100m Champion in 2000 in the State Finals